On the Rocks
1. SALT YOUR RIM! (or don't)
- Pour your Tajin (or course sea salt) into a shallow dish.
- Slice your lime into wedges and cut a notch into the inside of each wedge.
- Slide the notch over the glass rim and squeeze while running around the edge to moisten the rim.
- Press your rim into the salt until it is well covered.
- Fill a rocks glass full with ice. Don't be shy, as the ice melts, it lightly dilutes and mellows the flavor of your cocktail to perfection.
- Lighly shake your cocktail. Remember, there's no neon margarita mix here. We use only fresh fruit juices and the ingredients will settle and separate.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Your cocktail will come ready to enjoy.
Not quite happy hour yet?
Just follow these steps.
- Store your cocktail in the freezer. Don't worry, the alcohol will keep it from freezing solid.
- When you're ready to enjoy, pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw for about 10 minutes. (Just can't wait? A dunk in warm water for a minute or two will speed up the process).
- Once it has started to thaw, give the container a few squeezes to break up the ice. Securing the lid with your hand, shake your cocktail vigorously. Don't be shy here, really mix it up!
- Pour your cocktail into your prepared glass. See SALT YOUR RIM! (or don't) and enjoy!
- Keep any unfinished cocktail in the freezer, though we doubt there'll be much left over!